Today, E and I went to hospital to visit a very good friend who just gave birth yesterday to her fourth child- a baby girl!
I was super excited when she told me she was going in earlier to deliver, and actually teared when I first saw a photo her husband put up on FB (don't you love FB?). I told her in jest that when I carry her littlest one, I might cry.
So we went and spent a good hour or so chatting with my friend and admiring her beautiful girl in the cot. E was utterly intrigued as well, offering her the little pink balloon that came with a hamper she got, many times. He was also staring at her a lot, and smiling and laughing at the little baby noises she made and bubbles she blew. :) He has been talking about her often since we got home too...
In our last half hour there, my friend asked if I'd like to hold her. It's been so many years since I'd held a newborn, I was kind of nervous! But I had been waiting to hold and see her for months, so I did.
And as I did, I stared at her sweet little face and started to cry.... In joy, and awe of this miracle of God. It was a little embarrassing, my friend and her husband had looks of surprise and kindness because I think they've never actually seen me like that. :P
It's no secret I love babies... but I guess seeing my friends' little ones will have to do. :) And I felt a deep love for this little girl, probably because I really love her mother too, she's one of my closest friends in the world.
All in those few minutes, it took me back to the first few days after E was born. I even loved being pregnant. I never knew the true meaning of lack of sleep till the days after he came! But all I remember was loving being a mother, and loving him so deeply in a way I never knew was possible.
I miss the newborn- toddler stage. And am glad I had the privilege to raise E myself and watch him achieve his milestones. Nothing can take those years back if I had missed them, and I don't regret earning less money then because of it. (I am not saying that all moms should stay home and not work, everyone has different opinions and circumstances, there's no right or wrong, but this is just what I really desired and wanted to do. :)
On his 2nd day in this world. He came out screaming... and the next few days I was in hospital, he was as quiet as a mouse. Sure tricked us! Once he went home, he was back to his very-loud self. And he still has a big big voice. Haha!
He was extremely alert from Day 1, opening his big eyes to look at us and everything around him (but still sleeping a lot). I remember staring at him and thinking... wow he looks a lot like me!!
Oh what a blessing he is!
No comments:
Post a Comment
hello! :)