Wednesday, 22 August 2012

contemplating


Some days, I look at my kiddo and ask myself, "How did I get so 'lucky' to be given this little boy as my son?". I have been thinking this a lot these few months, I'm not sure why, but I catch myself looking at him or listening to his voice and finding that my heart has grown just a bit more with love for him. I never thought that was possible... To love someone more and more with each day that passes when you thought you already loved them with all your heart.

And the other day, a thought crossed my mind. I'm sure God looks at us and thinks that. "Does she know how much I love her?" as He looks at us with the same tender eyes we look at our children with.

And it dawned on me, how much our sin hurts a Father who loves us so deeply, but yet He continues to love us, pursue us and edge us to the straight path of a close relationship with Him. The parallels I've been able to learn as a parent and God's love for me, have blown my mind at times. 

And the best part, God isn't like us earthly parents. He loves us despite everything. There are no lost causes, unlovable people or life too horrible He doesn't care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)