Thursday, 9 August 2012

Carpenter & Cook

 The day after my birthday last month, I met up with a dear friend, and because she lives nearby, we headed to lunch to celebrate. We had Korean for lunch, which was really enjoyable... and then headed to Carpenter & Cook for desserts. 

Bloggers and friends have been raving about this place since they opened just a couple of months ago, and I wanted to see what the fuss was about. There were beautiful photos up of the cafe, and some really good reviews, so I guess I went expecting a lot. 

 The place however sorta fell short of my expectations. Maybe because it just seemed so cramped. There wasn't a lot of seating space, and we ended up sharing a long wooden table with some girls, which was fine, we didn't mind. I guess the place just looked very spacious from bloggers' photos. ;)

 I had their cappucino cos their mocha was out. I'm no coffee connoisseur, but I do prefer my coffee robust and slightly sweet. This one wasn't too bad, but a little too bitter for my liking. Served in an old fashioned tin cup, on a lovely vintage saucer. Love the mish-mash of styles! Evident in the decor too, which I loved.


And our dessert. Frangipani tart (weird it was more like cake) and my passionfruit meringue. I love my tarts with lots of bite, very tart, so was slightly disappointed by this. Still, the passionfruit flavour was lovely... I still think Maison Kayser's lemon tarts are perfect. 

Overall, I really enjoyed my time there, but probably because I was with a very good friend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)