Thursday, 1 August 2013

Monotony Doesn't Suit Me

When I was a lot younger,  I longed to live a life that was fun, spontaneous, carefree and filled with artistic adventures. But circumstances didn't allow it and much of my soul felt stifled.

I had my kid, I took on responsibilities. I must have settled into a routine, and I thought it must be good, especially for a young child.

When I chose to walk on, I felt liberated. But also felt confined. There still had to be order. The young dreams and desires came back, but I still didn't think they would fit into a life raising a young child.

Bit by bit, episodes of spontaneity and fun crept it. The heart began to feel alive again.

This picture was taken on my birthday that just passed, after a fun day out. I was watching plane after plane, come closer than I had ever experienced, into Changi International Airport.

One by one, the lights came toward me. And then the planes roared above us just seconds before hitting the landing strips. It was strangely therapeutic taking it all in, whilst having a conversation with my friend.

There was excitement and yet a comfortable knowledge that they would go past and land safely. Maybe there was a lesson God wanted to teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)