The day my friend and I hit DoC, we also went to Millenia Walk and because he couldn't decide between Joe & Dough and Commune, he saw that Joe & Dough had "handcrafted coffee", so we tried that. It sucked big time. And I told him, we should come by another time to try out Commune Cafe.
I'll be honest, I didn't care much about the art/lifestyle shop beside it. I went by myself a few days after because I had to do a stock drop at Deja Vu Vintage, and just wanted my coffee to go. What I did like about the little set up was its minimalist but quirky black and white decor. And that cute drawn wall clock.
But what made me really happy was this:
The coffee was delicious! What I normally do (I am no coffee connoisseur but I do love coffee) is take a sip of it and if it is too bitter/acidic, I add the sugar. This usually completely ruins it already bad coffee.
But with Commune's cappucino, it was love at first sip. I don't even know which beans/roast/whatever they use and I don't care, but it is comparable to Nylon's awesome coffee. I took one sip, smiled, and left the sugar table a very happy girl.
Then went downstairs to do my stock drop and outside the shop was this very intriguing installation. At once eerie, nostalgic, romantic and yet sad.
9 Raffles Boulevard,
Millenia Walk
#02-50.
No comments:
Post a Comment
hello! :)