Monday, 18 February 2013

Nylon Coffee Roasters

It was Valentine's Day. I had left the house for work and it was getting a little humid after a short drizzle in the morning but when I was on my way to my next class, it started raining buckets. I was cold and a little grumpy.

I had a lot of time before my class, so I headed over to Nylon for a much needed pick-me-up. It was that or possibly trying out Just Want Coffee, a new place that had just opened 2 blocks away. But I needed GOOD coffee badly and didn't want to get let down so I headed back to Nylon.

Dennis makes (in my opinion) the best cuppa ever. He has singlehandedly stopped me from choosing sweet coffees and adding sugar in my coffees.

I am no coffee connoisseur,  so I don't know about blends and all. I used to go for mochas, but not anymore! I want to taste the coffee. :D

Upon first sip, there's a slight bitterness. Unnerving for those who like sweeter coffees. But as I let it slip down my throat, and take a 2nd sip, the coffee taste comes out and there's even a hint of sweetness, maybe from the milk and beans? The flavour is full and intense, not acidic at all.

All I can say is, it is divine. I almost never finish my coffees from other places, but I have always drank every drop of Nylon's 5oz's.

And the regulars there, the vibe, makes you feel like you've stepped into someone's home. I love it.

NYLON is located at Everton Park, just a short walk from Outram Park mrt station. Take the exit that leads to Police Cantonment Complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)