Monday, 13 August 2012

coffee break


 
Finally after about two months of bashing at the U and P keys on my laptop keyboard, they completely died on me, so I've caved and got an external keyboard. It feels good to type again! 

The kiddo was sick at home the whole of last week, which peaked on Tuesday when we had to rush to A&E because he was wheezing. Thankfully after 4 cycles (10 puffs of ventolin, 4 of atrovent and some oral steroids), doc gave the green light and we headed home. 

He was a dream there. So well behaved and patient through the 4 hours of boring waiting. I was the one who got cranky towards the end, probably from anxiety at the possibility of another hospital stay. We shared a sandwich from the vending machine, played games on the phone and walked around a little. 

 By Friday, I could bear it no longer. Confined to those 4 walls for so many days... we were bored. So we headed out for a couple of hours. 

Read on... 



We finally got him a hair cut, had unagi rice on a hot stone pot, and then headed to an outdoor area for a coffee. (for me, he just had water. ;) 

And I am really glad that he's finally old enough to let me indulge in a little coffee time. I wouldn't have been able to have those 30 minutes when he was below 3 years of age. 

And it's brilliant. Even if it's just 30 minutes. I get to drink some coffee, we sometimes have toast together, he plays with his cars, and we have little conversations. I hope these are memories he'll keep for life. :) 



2 comments:

  1. oh Jo, he is the most adorable boy in the world. Very deep in thought in the first photo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana, I may be biased but I think so too! ;) deep in thought about his cars and their races probably ;)

      Delete

hello! :)