Monday, 11 June 2012

I miss HK


This photo was taken in October 2009 (wow! has it been nearly 3 years?!), when my sisters and I went on a trip together to HK. It was our first (and only, so far) sisters trip, and it was loads of fun. 

We were waiting for our dim sum lunch at Fu Sing when my sister snapped this photo. Pretty much summed up how happy I was to be there, my first real break from looking after an infant 24/7 for the previous 18 months. Since then I haven't had a holiday... and used to be desperate for one, but I think I'm pretty ok about it now. :)

 On our final day there, we decided to have lunch at the eating place below our hotel, and I had this- awesome roast goose noodles. Still think about it these days. Man, I miss HK.


And after lunch, my sisters were tired of walking so they went to meet their friend and go shopping, whilst I braved the ridiculous crowd and headed up Victoria Peak. 

I was going through so much in my life at that time. After walking off the more popular path, I stopped and looked down. I really needed that solitude on the peak. It was just a time to breathe and contemplate. 

I really hope to go back to HK again some day soon. This time I think I will be bringing my kiddo. And we will enjoy Disneyland together. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)