It got me thinking ... about conversations I had with friends over the past month or so regarding something I've been thinking about on and off for years, and decided....
(if you're interested... )
It had to do with my past. There are people I really don't want coming to this blog. A conversation I had with a good friend got me thinking. He'd told me he may have his wedding dinner next year, and I told him honestly that I probably won't go because there are a few people I really don't want to see. And so he asked (him being an aethist), but if my past is over, and I have turned my life around, God has forgiven me and I have forgiven myself, why does it matter?
And I thought, well, yeah, why does it matter if I have to see ghosts of my past again? They don't matter to me anymore. At least they shouldn't. I still hope they don't find my blog, but if they do... so what?
My faith is very important to me now.
And through the last 2 years, and especially the last year, God has been taking me on a journey of healing, growth and faith.
In Genesis 31, after He had made everything, the Bible says, "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day."
If He made everything, that means He made you and me. And EVERYTHING He made was good. :)
So here's a dorky photo of me, attempted to be glammed up by some girly bokeh effects. Heh. I had gone to a fashion exhibition with a friend, and upon leaving, we grabbed ourselves some free Magnum sticks. Another pal wanted to see my whole outfit (with my shimmery gold Melissa shoes) so I got her to take some.
I used to be really self conscious about taking photos, but hey, after you have a kid, sometimes the only way they'll let you take a photo is if you make funny faces. And as one ages (gasp!), one starts to care less about looks. sort of.
(I guess this could also be a "what I wore" post. ;) F21 dress my mom didn't want so gave to me, shiny gold glitter Melissa flats, black leather Toscano bag- so old I think the leather's getting really weathered, and a simple kyanite necklace on 14k gold filled. Oh, accessorized with Magnum Caramel- yummy!)
I think almost everyone is afraid of running into people they'd rather not see. So proud of you for deciding to go your own way and forget about negativity. :) You look beautiful, by the way.
ReplyDeleteThank you Danie :)
DeleteI understand why you'd want to avoid certain people from your past - sometimes it's better just to now have bad memories sitting right by you! Wish you posted a shot of your shoes! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jess, yea it's good that memories are just that and not reality anymore! I have a dorkier photo with the shoes...thought that would be a worse picture to "debut" myself with ;) haha
Delete