Lunch at Open Door Policy
It was this or SocialHaus, and since I'd heard that the food isn't great at SocialHaus and it's more like a bar (must go there next time), I thought I'd try ODP.
Had some nice lighting, with the sun glaring in my eyes for the first 10 minutes we were there from the sun roof. Heh.
I'd say the ambience was nice, but the wait staff were stuck up. Oh well. I didn't care, I just hoped the food was good.
My lamb confit & greek salad pizzetta was pretty yummy. Lamb was tender and tasty, but overall- salty! With the feta and olives, towards the end of my meal, it was kind of hard to swallow. It did fill me up though, but don't listen to me. My friends know I have a small appetite. ;)
My friend ordered the chicken confit on a bed of quinoa. Her verdict- too SALTY!!! Haha... Though the chicken was pretty tasty too.
Interesting place, good to try at least once. Maybe we aren't good judges of the food, cos we only had the mains. Probably worth going to again. I think it'd make a great place for a chill out dinner coupled with wine, with a slightly bigger group of friends.
Be sure to make reservations beforehand, I booked a table the day before, and when we asked about changing tables 10 minutes into opening hours, we were told the place was fully booked for lunch.
Oh Jo, that pizzatta looks scrumptious. I am not a morning person, but this morning you made my mouth water!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a morning person either.. :) but yes the pizzetta was pretty yummy!
Delete