Friday, 11 May 2012

Walking Around: Part 1

We know people come to Singapore for vacation, and most locals will go, "Why? Singapore's so boring. What's there to do apart from eat and shop?" So this post is for those who have never set foot on our shores, or to this place.

That was in the past. We have little nooks and crannies of interesting stuff now. I say 'stuff' cos I don't know how else to put it. ;) 

Yong Siak Street at Tiong Bahru

I decided I had to go check out this place once and for all, after hearing rave reviews of Forty H4ands and Open Door Policy, as well as some cool shops that have come up.We didn't walk much, just zig zagged our way across this short street :P  I just wanted to relax. 

We headed to Books Actually since the restaurant hadn't opened yet. 

My dream study, floor to ceiling book shelves!

 I love vintage glass! And my friend and I were going, "Ahh!! Look do you remember this??", "I gave these away when we moved!", "My grandfather had these!"... We are giving our age away... 

I shrieked when I saw this cute little A&W bear water bottle! I had one!  I was probably in primary school then...

 Vintage match boxes

And on a shelf in a corner, this montage of old photos of writers. Eerie and poignant at the same time. 

I really loved that back section of vintage stuff. Faber- Castell color pencils, stamps, crockery... 

Part 2 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)