Monday, 7 May 2012

our tiny, not-really-a garden

We have a small garden at our house, which used to house a bed of beautiful white lilies that bloomed especially after thunderstorms (weird eh?), which unfortunately all died. My mom also brought back some orchids from Bangkok, but I don't see them anymore. 

My neighbour, however, loves gardening and gave my mom these miniature roses, which unfortunately died too. We still have a pink one in another pot, and some that will hopefully grow soon. ;)


And this very odd plant. Which is actually edible! I tried some. This one is a mutant. It usually has a smooth pointy head. Heh. There are pointy sacs within that little cone, which taste.... sort of more tangy than sweet. Apparently it's used in rojak. I assume perhaps more in Malay cooking than Chinese. 

Anyone know what it's called? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello! :)