Friday, 24 February 2012

thoughts

 Taken a year ago at a friend's boutique

The other day, I was thinking to myself, about why people blog. Why should I blog? Who even bothers to read my blog?

And then a post came up on A Cup of Jo, where she posted that she would like to be more real to her readers. Raise the level of authenticity. There are blogs out there I like to read and go back to, and some of them are very personal, on the level of faith and their lives (of course, probably not all of it, like the lousy days), and there are some where you see what the person looks like, but it pretty much ends at that, personal life-wise.

There's a whole spectrum of honesty and secrecy. None's really good or bad, we all go to blogs for different reasons. And I wondered, how far should I take mine?


 I know that by being honest it grips people, and draws people back to your blog. But I'm not here for the numbers. Or, you could have an awesome creative streak, or have kick ass/interesting material and be almost anonymous and people will still come back. We are by nature, caring and curious people.

Which leads me back to the question, why blog? Cos it's fun. :) Cos even though I know just a handful of friends and family read this blog, it's an outlet for me. And I know there are people from other countries reading this... I'm not sure how you found me but HELLO!! :)

And another reason... cos I've been blessed by the honesty of other ladies who have been bold enough to share their struggles, about life, parenthood and the world. Or even those who put up photos of themselves; that takes courage. Perhaps by sharing just a little, someone will know he or she is not alone.

My faith. If some people I'd met years ago came to me now, people I hardly knew, they might be confused. Maybe even think I am a hypocrite. Then again, they didn't really know me, right? But you know what? That's ok. I'm not the person I was anymore. God knows my heart, and I only stand to be judged by Him. And for all the things He has shown me in the past couple of years especially, I am amazed by His great love for me and my son.

This blog isn't going to turn into an open book of my life, or a preaching point. It'll remain largely the same as it is now. Today's an exception. Heh. But when I feel an urge to be honest, I will be. Baby steps... baby steps.... And if people don't like it, it's ok. I don't blog to be liked or loved. I blog in the vein of being true to who I am and what I like. ;)

I hope you guys have an awesome weekend! Mine will be spent with a sick little boy, but I'm glad he's with me. I wouldn't want it any other way. (well, ok it'd be much nicer if he was well, but he'll get there!)

Here ends my scary (to me) post. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love this post..it's so important to always be authentic. Great job bloggin' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lisa! Thank you for your encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete

hello! :)