I have been MIA for the past 2 weeks for a bunch of reasons, mostly the kiddo was sick, Chinese New Year and then his 4th birthday, and then not getting back into the routine of blogging. :P Oops. I'm back!
A friend and I met up last weekend for a session of tea and dinner (one after another, with some shopping in between, the privilege of living in food and shopping-mad Singapore), and we started at the recently- opened Paul bakery at Takashimaya Shopping Centre. There was much hype about it, being a French bakery and all. The bread scene has also started to take off in Singapore, so we had to go.
The lovely interior |
We didn't manage to try their breads, but did have a taster of some of their sweets. A citron meringue, macarons, and a napolitan (a custard puff pastry).
It wasn't as great as I had expected. The place was really cramped and since it was a Saturday, packed!! Which made it quite unpleasant because it sounded like a market. Pastries weren't up to my expectations, but I will be going back to try their breads one day!
Next on the list of must- trys, Maison Kayser at Scotts!
Next on the list of must- trys, Maison Kayser at Scotts!
No comments:
Post a Comment
hello! :)